Sophia Chalmers hit 4 3-pointers and scored 23 points and the Eureka High girls basketball team opened its 2019 run with an impressive 75-45 win over Hercules, Friday night at Pinole Valley High.Carly Boynton added 12 points for the Loggers in the win while Malia Guilbert poured in 10 off the bench and Kellina Pratton, 7 points and 6 assists. McKenna Beach scored 6 points for Eureka and had a productive night defensively with 5 steals.Eureka (1-0) head coach Mike Harvey said what impressed …
Malaysia has asked for help from around the rim of the Southern Indian Ocean, including WA’s south-west coast, to find possible debris from MH370 but urged caution after several false leads. Yesterday the Charitha Pattiaratchi, Professor of Coastal Oceanography at the University of Western Australia reiterated that the current modelling indicated that debris from MH370 could have washed up on the south-west coast of WA. Missing ID plate delays identificationWorld’s Safest Airlines “Computer modelling predicts that debris from MH370 have the possibility of washing ashore along the south-west coast of Australia.”That modelling shows that debris could have also washed up as far as South Australia and Tasmania. However it is unknown how much possible debris there would be still floating from the loss of MH370.Searchers are currently looking for MH370 1800km to the west and south of Perth, Western Australia in a 120,000sq km search zone.In April last year a piece of debris was found on a beach 10km east of Augusta in Western Australia but it was from a light plane. Malaysian Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai told the AFP that civil aviation authorities were reaching out to their counterparts in other Indian Ocean territories to be on the lookout for further debris that could provide “more clues to the missing aircraft”.However he said that Malaysia’s Department of Civil Aviation was contacting authorities urging them to allow experts “to conduct more substantive analysis should there be more debris coming on to land, providing us more clues to the missing aircraft”.“I urge all parties to allow this crucial investigation process to take its course. I reiterate this is for the sake of the next of kin of the loved ones of MH370 who would be anxiously awaiting news and have suffered much over this time,” Mr Liow told AFP. “We will make an announcement once the verification process has been completed.”On Sunday the UK SkyNews reported that a very small aircraft door or panel had been discovered but it turned out to be part of a ladder.Separately Mr Liow confirmed in an official statement that the flaperon found last week on Reunion Island had been “officially identified” as from a Boeing 777.That verification came from the joint investigative team of Boeing, the US National Transportation Safety Board, Malaysian and French authorities set up to establish the origins of the flaperon.A key identification tag that would link the flaperon immediately to a particular aircraft is missing so a more forensic investigation is required.Confirmation of what aircraft it belongs to is expected Thursday.
Even as the last rites of Varsha Bhosle, daughter of playback singer Asha Bhosle, were performed Tuesday, police remained clueless about the reasons behind her suicide.Police officers investigating the case said they would record statements of Asha, who might be able to reveal the reason behind her 56-year-old daughter’s suicide.A police official said they had recorded statements of Asha’s sister Usha Mangeshkar, maid Dipali Mane and driver Vijay.”Close family members have not been questioned yet since they are still in a state of shock,” the police official said.The officer said police would soon record the statements of Asha, her elder sister and legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar and Varsha’s former husband Hemant Kenkre.Police officials, however, said the Belgian pistol, with which Varsha allegedly killed herself, was registered in the name of Anand, Asha’s youngest son and it was kept safely in the house.Varsha was Monday found dead with two bullet injuries in her head.She was the second of the three children of Asha and Ganpatrao Bhosle and stayed mostly with her mother in the posh Prabhu Kunj building in Mumbai.Police suspect that she committed suicide Sunday night, but also said that the neighbours did not hear any gunshot.Varsha’s viscera sample has been sent for test.Police sources said the woman’s post-mortem report confirmed she died of haemorrhagic shock due to bullet injuries.Three loaded cartridges were found in the pistol.Varsha, who used to work as a freelance journalist, was divorced from sports journalist Hemant Kenkre.She wrote columns for web portal Rediff.com, The Sunday Observer and the Gentleman magazine, among other freelancing projects.She had also sung songs for some Hindi and Marathi films and performed in some concerts with her mother.She was depressed for many years and had tried to commit suicide in 2008 and 2010 by consuming sleeping pills. advertisement
The Barcelona footballer won’t play in the two friendlies against Mexico this month; the coach also omitted players from Boca Juniors and River PlateArgentinean superstar and Barcelona footballer, Lionel Messi, has been left out of the squad that will play against Mexico this month.The following was reported by the AFP as presented by the Albiceleste interim coach Lionel Scaloni.Messi has not played since the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, and this will be the sixth match he has missed with his national team.Scaloni also said he did not add any players from Boca Juniors or River Plate, as both Argentinean clubs will feature in the Copa Libertadores Final.Argentina will host Mexico twice in November. The first match will be held in November 16 in Cordoba and then again in Mendoza four days later.Goalkeepers: Agustin Marchesin (Club America/MEX), Sergio Romero (Manchester United/ENG), Geronimo Rulli (Real Sociedad/ESP)Match Preview: Barcelona vs Valencia Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Is derby time in La Liga, as Barcelona welcomes Valencia to the Camp Nou Stadium tonight at 21:00 (CET).Defenders: Ramiro Funes Mori (Villarreal/ESP), German Pezzela (Fiorentina/ITA), Renzo Saravia (Racing), Nicolás Tagliafico (Ajax/NED), Walter Kannemann (Gremio/BRA), Nicolas Otamendi (Manchester City/ENG), Gabriel Mercado (Sevilla/ESP), Emmanuel Mammana (Zenit/RUS), Juan Marcos Foyth (Tottenham/ENG)Midfielders: Marcos Acuna (Sporting Lisbon/POR), Maximiliano Meza (Independiente), Franco Vazquez (Sevilla/ESP), Giovani Lo Celso (Real Betis/ESP), Leandro Paredes (Zenit/RUS), Santiago Ascacibar (Stuttgart/GER), Rodrigo Bataglia (Sporting Lisbon/POR) Matias Zaracho (Racing), Roberto Pereyra (Watford/ENG)Forwards: Giovani Simeone (Fiorentina/ITA), Paulo Dybala (Juventus/ITA), Erik Lamela (Tottenham/ENG), Eduardo Salvio (Benfica/POR), Rodrigo De Paul (Udinese/ITA), Franco Cervi (Benfica/POR), Angel Correa (Atletico Madrid/ESP), Lautaro Martinez (Inter Milan/ITA), Mauro Icardi (Inter Milan/ITA)#SelecciónMayor El director técnico de @Argentina, @lioscaloni, dio a conocer la lista de convocados para la doble fecha FIFA ante México. pic.twitter.com/trGICqNHcy— Selección Argentina 🇦🇷 (@Argentina) November 1, 2018
Dan Cohen AUTHOR All three military departments are accepting risks to their facilities in their fiscal 2017 budget requests by postponing needed sustainment and restoration projects, the Pentagon’s top installation officials told lawmakers Thursday.Insufficient investment in recent years has resulted in the degradation of many Navy installations’ piers, runways and other facilities, Steven Iselin, principal deputy assistant secretary for energy, installations and environment, told the Senate Military Construction and Veterans Affairs Appropriations Subcommittee.The Air Force included funding in its budget proposal for only 30 construction projects out of 500 requested by major commands, said Miranda Ballentine, assistant secretary for installations, environment and energy, reported Military Times. She said she expects the backlog of degrading facilities to grow.About 15 percent of DOD facilities are in “failing” condition and about 12 percent are in “poor” condition, Pete Potochney, acting assistant secretary of defense for energy, installations and environment, told the panel.Officials “are doing the best we can in making sure dollars are spent wisely and to compete for those resources in this budget environment,” Potochney said. “Facilities degrade more slowly than readiness, and in a constrained budget environment, it is responsible to take risk in facilities first,” he said.The witnesses’ written testimony and a webcast of the hearing can be found on the committee website.
Maruti Suzuki is reportedly gearing up to launch its much anticipated Ciaz ahead of the festive season this year, claims a new report.Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, the replacement of the company’s underperforming SX4 sedan has hit the web numerous times through spied images and reports. Now a latest report in Financial Express, citing its sources close to the development says that Maruti will launch the Ciaz in the domestic market by September this year. The report also states that the company has started the trial production of Ciaz at its Manesar facility.The Ciaz, the new sedan offering of Maruti was first seen at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014 and is based on the Suzuki Authentics concept car, which was displayed at the 2013 Shanghai Motor Show. The car will be pitted against Hyundai Verna, Honda City and Volkswagen Vento in the sub-continent and is expected to fall in the price brackets of 7.2 lakh to 10.5 lakh.Under the hood, Maruti’s new C-segment offering, Ciaz is likely to pack the same 1.3 liter Multijet diesel or 1.4 liter K Series petrol engine of Ertiga and is expected to carry some of the features of both SX4 and Ertiga.Ciaz is expected to come loaded with safety features like with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD). The car is also likely to accommodate premium features like 16-inch alloy wheels, keyless entry, push button start, puddle lamps and leather seats.Earlier last week, the company had showcased the near production version of Ciaz at the Beijing Auto Show 2014. The mid-sized sedan concept dubbed Alivio measures 4545mm in length, 1475mm in height, 1730mm in width and has a wheelbase of 2650mm. Suzuki’s Alivio sedan draws power from 1.6-litre DOHC 4-cylinder petrol engine and comes mated to six-speed automatic transmission.With the launch of new sedan, Maruti hopes to cash in during this festive season. The auto industry in the country, which has been witnessing poor demand for the past few months is also getting ready to welcome the festive season in hopes of finding a change in the market condition.(ED:AJ)
Conspiracy theorists all across the world have long been alleging that aliens are secretly living on the lunar surface. These alien enthusiasts strongly believe that NASA is well aware of extraterrestrial existence on the lunar surface, and it is one of the primary reasons that refrained the agency to visit the moon after the Apollo mission era.Adding heat to these outlandish alien claims, a transcript between astronauts who were part of the Apollo 15 mission reveals that they found neatly organized tracks on the lunar surface, Express.co.uk reports.These tracks on the lunar surface were leading to Mount Hadley, a mountain range located in the Northern Hemisphere on the moon. Please find below the transcripts between Apollo 15 astronauts and the ground crew, as reported by Express. Express.co.ukAs this conversation between the astronauts and the ground crew became viral, conspiracy theorists strongly started arguing that these tracks are concrete proof of alien existence on the lunar surface. These conspiracy theorists strongly argued that several anomalies in NASA images from the moon, and the recent UFO sightings near earth’s natural satellites indicate the presence of artificial intelligence.A few months back, China had landed its Chang’e-4 probe on the dark side of the moon. Before the mission, many conspiracy theorists predicted that the Chinese mission will encounter extraterrestrial aliens on moon’s far side that is not visible from the earth due to tidal locking. However, the mission went ahead as planned, and until now, Chang’e-4 has not detected any traces of extraterrestrial presence there.On July 15, India had planned to launch their ‘Chandrayaan-2’ space probe to the dark side of the moon. However, due to unknown technical glitches, the launch was postponed. The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is expected to announce a new launch date soon.
-Country’s principal opposition political party Bangladesh Nationalist Party aka BNP on Friday alleged that the government is sending chief justice Surendra Kumar Sinha abroad by ‘force’ to establish its full control over the judiciary.Party secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam made the allegation while talking to reporters after visiting ailing BNP standing committee member Tariqul Islam, reports UNB.Read more: President signs GO for CJ Sinha’s visit abroad”It’s now clear to the entire nation that the government has taken all the steps to send the chief justice abroad by force. It’s also clear to all that the government is making all efforts to control the judiciary,” he said.He said the government took the move against Sinha for cancelling the 16th amendment and unveiling the truth and the current situation of the country in the verdict. “The government can’t accept and tolerate the verdict as they think it may put them in trouble.”Fakhrul also asked why the government is not allowing the chief justice to clear his position on his leave, sickness and foreign tour. “I think, the government should allow the chief justice to talk about it.”Read more: CJ Sinha, wife get Australian visaHe said the government is only giving information about his illness, leave and tour. “But we’re getting information from the newspapers, social media and other sources that he is being sent abroad by force. Indian media also ran news on it.”Earlier on Thursday, law minister Anisul Huq said the government only followed Sinha’s wish in issuing the executive order on the leave, its extension and his move to go abroad.He also said the chief justice is scheduled to leave the country for Australia today and return home on 10 November.Read more: SK Sinha applies for Australian visa
BALTIMORE (AP) — Baltimore officials have shut down an arts building for safety violations and evicted dozens of tenants three days after a fire at a California warehouse-turned artists’ enclave killed three dozen people.The Bell Foundry (Instagram photo via @bellfoundry)The Baltimore Sun reports (http://bsun.md/2h11FWs) officials boarded up the two-story Bell Foundry arts building on Monday.Fire department spokesman Roman Clark says inspectors responding to a complaint found no valid permit, unsafe conditions and other violations.City housing department spokeswoman Tania Baker says tenants may not use the building again until the building is up to code.The Bell Foundry is located in the Station North Arts and Entertainment District, which was designated in 2002.A fire broke out late Friday in a cluttered Oakland, California, warehouse that had been converted into artists’ studios, killing 36 people.
DLF Emporio, India’s first and finest luxury destination, is presenting the 8th edition of Luxury Shopping Festival which began on October 13 and will be on till November 8. This Festival will exhibit the impending festive season in the most luxurious way and will offer patrons a chance to win exclusive designer gifts, holiday packages and much more.Shoppers who shop for a minimum of Rs 20,000 during the festival will be entitled to participate in daily, weekly and mega lucky draws during the festival. Also Read – ‘Playing Jojo was emotionally exhausting’The mega draw winner stands a chance to win an exquisite bejeweled necklace from Rose. The highest spender of the each week will also win fabulous holiday packages to Dubai/Cape-town/NYC/Maldives by ‘One&Only Resorts’. The excitement continues as patrons win designer gifts from in-house brands daily throughout the festival.The Luxury Shopping Festival 2015 includes an exclusive pop-up store wherein the winners of Design Awards 2014-15 will get to showcase their collection for two weeks at DLF Emporio. Dinaz Madhukar, senior vice president, DLF Emporio adds, “We are happy to host the 8th edition of Luxury Shopping Festival at DLF Emporio. We look forward to welcoming all our guests to celebrate the pre-festive season with us and win while they shop at DLF Emporio.”DLF Emporio’s Luxury Shopping Festival is the place to be where so much is on offer. So go there and grab the opportunity to explore.