Police rank slapped with DUI charge

first_imgMandela Avenue fatal accidentPolice Constable Ryan Persaud, implicated in the fatal accident of Akemo Anthony Bristol which occurred on September 1 at Mandela Avenue in Georgetown, appeared on Thursday before Georgetown Magistrate Marissa Mittelholzer on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol, and was placed on $25,000 bail.Represented by Attorney-at-Law Eusi Anderson, the 23-year-old Police rank denied the charge, which alleges that on the day in question, he drove Guyana Police Force minibus PVV 4652 while his blood alcohol level was over the legally allowed limit.Persaud’s defence attorney made application for bail to be granted in a reasonableDead: Akemo Bristolamount, and Magistrate Mittelholzer, in placing Persaud on $25,000 bail, ordered that he lodge all his travel documents with the court, and return for trial on October 11, 2018.Even though Persaud is not yet facing a causing death charge, he is likely, in the coming days, to be arraigned in court in this regard, since the matter is still being investigated.RecapOn Saturday, September 1st, at about 23:40h, twenty-three-year-old Akemo Anthony Bristol of Lot 338 East Ruimveldt, Georgetown was allegedly struck down and killed by Police minibus PVV 4652, being driven at the time by Police Constable Ryan Persaud.Persaud has been accused of speeding, and more so, of being under the influence of alcohol at time of the accident.He reportedly attempted to escape the scene following the incident.This publication previously reported that the Police Constable and Bristol were both travelling along Mandela Avenue when the collision occurred.The impact reportedly flung Bristol into a nearby gutter while his mangled motorcycle ended up under the minibus.Extracted from the gutter with visible injuries about his body, Bristol was rushed to the GPHC, where he subsequently died while receiving medical attention.He leaves to mourn his four-year-old son, parents and siblings.last_img read more

DONEGAL MAN SAYS LIFE HAS BEEN HELL SINCE HE WAS ACCUSED OF RAPE

first_imgBREAKING NEWS: A Donegal man has said his life has been destroyed after he was described as a “sexual predator” during a court case.Kieron Coyle, 39, from Killygordon, was charged with raping and sexually assaulting a woman in the Galliagh area of Derry last December.However the Public Prosecution Service in Derry withdrew the case against the taxi-driver this morning. Mr Coyle, of Forest Park, has told how he has been threatened by Dissident Republicans after the allegations.The Donegal man spent five days in police custody after his arrest but had always maintained his innocence.Mr Coyle told Donegaldaily that his life has been ruined.He is demanding to know why he has been forced to go through hell for four months while police waited for DNA results.Donegaldaily will carry a full interview with Mr Coyle shortly.DONEGAL MAN SAYS LIFE HAS BEEN HELL SINCE HE WAS ACCUSED OF RAPE was last modified: March 16th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:court caseKIERON COYLEKillygordonsexual predatorlast_img read more